When it comes to dessert, chocolate seems to be one of the biggest winners in our house. It might be candy, cookies, ice cream – pretty much everything chocolate goes! Even when it’s hot outside, we want chocolate. So today I threw together some extremely easy cookies, they’re flourless, gluten free and require a big glass of milk to enjoy!
This month Belgoods Bakeware sent us our choice of a silicone baking product. I have piles of pans, so I actually requested to review their baking mat. I got my first baking mat last fall and since then I’ve been addicted. They’re easy to use, reusable, easy to clean and reduce my cost in the kitchen since I rarely have to buy parchment paper anymore. The Belgoods silicone baking mat does everything I expected it to! It fit my 13 x 17 baking sheet and easily fits a dozen (large) cookies. The cookies come off of the mat after they’ve cooled, and it just takes a quick wash in the sink for it to get ready to go again. It doesn’t have a sticky feeling that other brands I’ve found have.
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup baking Cocoa
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine your powdered sugar, cocoa and salt with a whisk.
- Add in your egg whites and egg and continue to mix together until smooth. your batter will start to have the consistency of brownie batter.
- Add in your chocolate chunks and fold in until smooth
- Spoon onto your prepared baking sheet in large 1 inch mounds (they will spread some).
- Bake for 12 minutes until done. Allow to cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
*Note because of the nature of the cookie they may be a bit harder to remove so that they remain round. This is because they are mostly held together by eggs instead of flour. Be sure your spatula or flipper has a beveled edge to make removing them easier! They do come off of the mat easily but may not still be round when you’re done :).