In the mood for a delicious cheesecake, but don’t want a giant one or to to spend a long time in the kitchen making it? The easiest way to get a quick and delicious cheesecake is using your instant pot. Now, it will still have the fridge time after you make it, but it makes the perfect 7 inch cheesecake that is great to share or to have on hand for after dinner. This recipe is so easy, and it doesn’t require you heating up the house at all!
Tip: Batter ingredients MUST be room temperature for this recipe to work. Allow 2 hours or more to achieve the correct temperature.
Special equipment needed:
- 7” springform pan (for 6-quart Instant Pot®)
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- 1 c. almond flour
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 T. granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 2 T. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- ¼ c. heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/3 c. powdered monk fruit sweetener*
- 3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
*For a sweeter cheesecake, add an additional 1-2 T. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1¼ c. water
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1½ T. coconut oil, melted
- 3 T. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 c. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 T. heavy cream
To Prepare Chocolate Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until completely blended and smooth. Use immediately.
- Coat the inside of the springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray or cut the parchment paper to fit the bottom and line the sides. Set aside.
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the crumbly crust into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- To prepare the batter, beat the room-temperature cream cheese on medium-low speed until just blended. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter).
- Add the vanilla extract and beat again for 10 seconds or until just combined.
- Add the heavy cream and the monk fruit sweetener and beat for 10-15 seconds or until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to incorporate any remaining ingredients into the batter.
- Add melted chocolate and beat briefly until just combined.
- Finally, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated into the batter. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as above.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot® and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Carefully place the trivet with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops. Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles. Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled, pour the chocolate sauce on top, if desired, and garnish with fresh strawberry slices before serving. Enjoy!