If you have food allergies, you know by now that not all candies are made the same. And finding a brand that is non GMO, doesn’t use High Fructose Corn Syrup or syntheic flavors and colors is a rare thing. But when you find one you love, and know that you can get them at your favorite stores while you’re out shopping, it’s almost like winning the lottery. Candy People are bringing some of the most delicious candy you can find on the market and ones that you may be even able to add to their stockings this year.
We were sent a large selection of Candy People’s allergen friendly candy to test out before the holiday season. We were thrilled to find a wide variety of gummy candies we can have that were not only gluten free but gelatin free as well. The candy not only offered fun new flavors and combinations, but each bag gives you a little bit of history about Swedish culture including things like Lordagsgodis – or Saturday’s candies. It’s an added treat that makes the sweet candy that much more fun.
Candy People makes a wide variety of candy options, and some vary in the different ingredients and the allergens they are free of, but you can find some that you’ll love to have. Candy people currently offers:
- Swedish Dala Horse: Raspberry, citrus and pineapple flavored gummy candy shaped like the hand-carved wooden toy horses that are now a treasured symbol of Sweden. Non GMO, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Free of Synthetic Colors, Gelatin Free, Gluten Free.
- Sour Viking: Strawberry, pear, cherry, black currant, lemon and orange flavored sour gummy candy inspired by the chieftain-led Scandinavian tribes that lived during the Viking Age in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Non GMO, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Free of Synthetics Colors and Flavors, Gelatin Free, Vegan.
- Sour Melon Logs: Sour watermelon flavored chewy candy shaped like the old logs found in the mystical forest of Trollskogen, or the “Forest of Trolls” in English. Non GMO, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Gelatin Free.
- Gummy Kicks: Mixed fruit flavored gummy candy sneakers with tutti frutti soles. While basketball is definitely not Sweden’s most popular sport, Swedes are very active and fans of well-designed sneakers — from crisp, bright slip-ons to mid-tops and even sporty high-top kicks! Non GMO, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Free of Synthetic Colors.
- Sour Skulls: Sour mixed fruit flavored gummy candy shaped like one of the most popular Swedish candies enjoyed by Swedes of all ages on Lördagsgodis or “Saturday’s candies” in English. Non GMO, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Gelatin Free, Gluten Free.
- Sugar Free Cola Bottles: Cola flavored gummy candy shaped like everyone’s favorite soda bottle. Cola is the most popular soft drink in Sweden, except during Christmastime when Julmust (or “Christmas Juice” in Sweden) takes the top spot as a staple at the holiday dinner table. Sweetened with Maltitol and Stevia, Fat Free, Gluten Free.
- Sugar Free Pigs: Strawberry flavored marshmallow candy inspired by the importance of the pig in Scandinavian culture. Early tribes practicing the Old Norse religion portrayed the animal as sacred with bristles made of gold! Sweetened by Maltitol, Fat Free, Gluten Free.
- Sugar Free Exotic Fruit: Tropical fruit flavored gummy candy inspired by Sweden’s love of fresh produce from exotic islands. While not native or easily grown, Swedes nevertheless will eat a whopping 40 pounds of tropical fruit each year! Sweetened with Maltitol, Fat Free, Gluten Free, Gelatin Free.
- Sugar Free Fish: Berry flavored gummy candy shaped like the herring fish (known as “strömming” in Swedish). Sweetened with Maltitol, Fat Free, Gluten Free, Gelatin Free.
You can find Candy People’s candies at Amazon, World Market and Ikea. You wont be disappointed at their rich flavors as you try each new variety.
[inlinkz_linkup id=798134 mode=1]