If you’re like me, you probably saw Star Wars The Force Awakens in 3D in the theater. The traditional releases are great to watch now, but they don’t have the same umph as the 3D verson. But this November you will be able to bring home the movie in 3D in a special 4 disc collection. The set not only has the movie we fell in love with in the theaters, but new bonus features and extras. Read more about the special collectors set and the release below. We’ll keep you updated when you can pre-order this set to add to your collection!
About the Collectible 3D Version of The Force Awakens:
For the first time—and just in time for the holidays—viewers can bring home Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” in 3D, encased in stunning, collectible packaging. The exclusive four-disc 3D Collector’s Edition contains the original theatrical release on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, Digital HD and DVD, along with originally released bonus features and brand-new bonus material, including additional deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes conversations with cast and crew and revealing, never-before released audio commentary by director J.J. Abrams*. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” 3D Collector’s Edition is arriving in the United States and Canada on Nov 15.
Bonus features include*:
3D COLLECTOR’S EDITION BONUS FEATURES:
- Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn’t make the film’s final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume Designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film’s remarkable digital artistry and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer. New bonus content is available in the 3D Collector’s Edition package only.
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” 3D Collector’s Edition global release dates include:
|Australia||Nov. 9||Holland||Oct. 31||Sweden||Oct. 31|
|Brazil||Nov. 16||Italy||Nov. 2||US and Canada||Nov. 15||United Kingdom||Oct. 21|
|Germany||Nov. 24||Spain||Nov. 2||France||Oct. 21|