Our childhoods wouldn’t be the same without Mr. Rogers. He taught generations it’s ok to be different, that we can accept others, be kind and so many important lessons. Younger generations don’t get the benefit of watching the show every morning on PBS like we grew up doing. But now you can bring home your favorite episodes from when you were a kid to share with your family or to reminisce on your own.
PBS recently released Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood: It’s a Beautiful Day Collection. The DVD set has 32 episodes that are fan favorites, gathered together to celebrate 50 years of Mister Roger’s neighborhood. Channel your inner child and remember the lessons from when we were little, from the most unlikely neighbor and mentor that kids never knew they needed. We love this collection and will cherish it for years to come.
You can get your copy of Mister Roger’s Neighborhood: It’s a Beautiful Day Collection now, but plan a long weekend to watch them all with over 15 hours of episodes to cherish again and again.
About Mister Roger’s Neighborhood: It’s a Beautiful Day Collection:
PBS Distribution announced it is releasing the new DVD “MISTER ROGERS’ NEIGHBORHOOD: IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY COLLECTION.” This special set of 32 memorable episodes and over 15 hours of content celebrates the 50th anniversary of the beloved Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, the pioneering children’s television series from The Fred Rogers Company. Mister Rogers helps children learn the importance of being kind to others, appreciating what makes everyone unique, recycling and taking care of our planet, and much more in the classic series. The new release also includes a very special bonus episode – the series premiere, in original black-and-white!
“MISTER ROGERS’ NEIGHBORHOOD: IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY COLLECTION” will be available now. The four-disc collection has a total run time of 928 minutes. Episodes of the program are also available for digital download.
Through his popular daily TV visits, generations of young children have grown up with the kind and gentle Mister Rogers, who created a calm and safe place that welcomed all to his neighborhood. With real-life guests, adventurous field trips and charming make-believe segments, the iconic Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood encouraged kids ages 2-5 to learn about themselves and the world around them, speaking directly to the series’ young audience with his unique one-to-one affirmation of their self-worth. Celebrity guest stars have included: Tony Bennett, Julia Child, Margaret Hamilton, Michael Keaton, Yo-Yo Ma, Wynton Marsalis, Rita Moreno, and Bill Nye.
- Helping Children Know What to Expect at School
- Creating with Friends is Different than Playing Alone
- Play is the Work of Childhood
- Respecting All Living Creatures
- Opera Day
- Ups and Downs of Friendship
- Learning about Rules and Limits
- Appreciating the People Who Came Before
- Food and Love Go Hand in Hand
- Music As a Way to Express Feelings
- Families Come in Different Shapes and Sizes
- Celebrating Big and Little Things
- Lots of Different Things for Play and Pretending
- Each Person is Unique – Yet We All Have Much in Common
- Being Kind to Ourselves and Others
- Nobody Knows What You’re Thinking Unless You Tell Them
- Games Can Be Fun, But Not If You’re Left Out
- Recycling and Other Ways to care for Our Planet
- Learning to Take Care of Yourself
- Trying on Different Roles
- We All Have Art Inside of Us
- Understanding Concepts of Up and Down
- The Strength of Love – Even Through Angry Times
- Appreciating our Uniqueness
- Some Things Change…Some Things Stay the Same
- Needing Help and Giving Help
- Feeling Good About Who We Are
- Encouraging Generosity and Gratitude
- Strengths and Limitations, Abilities and Disabilities
- Wondering and Asking Questions
- Enjoying Books and Recognizing Symbols
- Valuing All Kinds of Art