I never knew that my love for the environment started thanks in part to Disney and Bambi. The movie is celebrating it’s 75th anniversary this year, and it is being released again in a fully remastered Walt Disney The Signature Collection release. Bambi is now available so you can relive this Disney classic with your family, and help spark children’s imagination and love for the environment again.
I’ve mentioned before that Bambi is one of the first movies I remember seeing in theaters as a child. The movie is classic Disney, and was suppose to be the second full length animation the company released. But since it’s release, the movie has sparked the imagination of adults and children alike, and brought the environmental issues to their attention and into their hearts. The movie is just as relevant today as it was when it was released 75 years ago.
I am not only amazed at how much the story of Bambi still pulls at your heart strings, but the animation style is still seamless and beautiful. And the new Signature Collection release is filled with bonus features and extras all about the art and how the movie was made. You can learn more about the classic artwork, the animation style and even hear from the actors directly about what it was like voicing the iconic characters and working with Walt Disney.
Order your copy of Bambi here to relive the magic with your family!
Bambi is one of those movies that isn’t released very often, but to celebrate – you can get an extra goodie if you’re a member of Disney Movie Rewards. If you buy Bambi you can get a special reward and get a tank top with the artwork design of Paul Felix (more on him soon!) on the front! The offer is only good until July 31st, but you can get your Bambi Tank Top here!
Bambi | Bambi Effect
Bambi | Grasshopper Deleted Scene
“Bambi,” which celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, joins the Collection on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on May 23, and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on June 6. The Collection release includes a variety of new bonus material, including recordings of Walt Disney discussing the challenges and triumphs during the production of “Bambi;” deleted scenes and characters; stories and effects that “Bambi” had on the Studio, other films and artists; and much, much more. Additionally, the Digital HD release includes an exclusive, heartfelt feature on the incredible artist, Tyrus Wong, who inspired the film’s soft watercolor backgrounds and beautiful palette.
Designed to bring together visionaries across industries and diverse audiences to celebrate the power of storytelling, it is only fitting that the Tribeca Film Festival serves as the setting for this year’s announcement of upcoming additions to the Walt Disney Signature Collection. This collection includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, one of the great visionaries of the 20th century. This summer, “Bambi” will take its place in the collection alongside three other great achievements in storytelling, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Pinocchio.”
“Bambi” was released in 1942 during World War II and took over five years to make due to its exquisite hand-drawn artwork and attention to detail. Beloved by generations, “Bambi” holds the No. 3 spot on the American Film Institute’s “10 Top 10,” honoring the 10 greatest animated films of all time. The timeless tale features an adorable young deer named Bambi who explores the wonders and challenges of the woods with his playful pal Thumper, the lovable skunk Flower, and wise Friend Owl – and ultimately fulfills his destiny as prince of the forest.
BONUS MATERIAL (BLU-RAY & DIGITAL* HD) INCLUDES:
- THE BAMBI EFFECT – “Bambi” was full of innovations for its time. Let’s take a look at how those past innovations affected future Disney animated titles all the way up to today.
- STUDIO STORIES: “BAMBI” – Recordings of Walt Disney. Listen in on intimate moments where he discusses the challenges, pitfalls and triumphs during the production of “Bambi.”
- DELETED SCENE: BAMBI’S ICE AND SNOW – Bambi coaxes Thumper and his brothers and sisters to come play on the ice during the first snow.
- DELETED SCENE: THE GRASSHOPPER – A grasshopper confronts Bambi and Thumper and finds himself in quite a predicament.
- BAMBI FAWN FACTS – Think you know everything there is to know about Bambi and his forest companions? Well, it’s time to discover some fun real-life facts about the creatures that live in the forest he calls home.
- OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT: “AFRICA BEFORE DARK” – Oswald Short.
- CELEBRATING TYRUS WONG (DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE) – A heartfelt look at the man who played a key role in the success of “Bambi.” Much like Mary Blair and Eyvind Earle, Tyrus Wong had a unique signature style all to his own. The soft water-colored backgrounds and beautiful palettes in “Bambi” were inspired by Tyrus’ concept art paintings.
- DELETED SCENES – Two Leaves, Bambi Stuck on a Reed, Winter Grass, Twitterpated
- THE MAKING OF BAMBI: A PRINCE IS BORN
- STORY: TELLING THE TALE
- CHARACTERS: DRAWN TO NATURE
- ACTORS: GIVING VOICE TO ANIMALS
- ART DESIGN: IMPRESSIONS OF THE FOREST
- MUSIC: NATURE’S SYMPHONY
- HISTORY: BACK TO THE BEGINNING
- TRICK OF THE TRADE (Excerpt)
- INSIDE THE DISNEY ARCHIVES
- THE OLD MILL: ANIMATED SHORT
- ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER
- THE GOLDEN AGE
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Podcasts to Listen To While Working at Home - April 6, 2020
- How to Use Your Time to Get an Online Certification - April 5, 2020
- How Ladder Associates Can Help With Working Remotely - April 5, 2020