It’s time to head back to one of our favorite friendly neighbors – Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. He’s a family favorite and has been since he was first introduced by Mister Rogers, and the character brings friendly episodes to preschoolers everywhere. The series has been around for years, and now you can bring home the fan favorite episodes for your little ones. Snuggle up with them and watch eight of the best episodes. Learn more about friendship, working together and more in the new Family Fun Collection.
PBS Distribution today announces the release of “BEST OF DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD: FAMILY FUN COLLECTION,” the latest DVD from the top-rated PBS KIDS series, DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, produced by Fred Rogers Productions. With the new eight episode collection , preschoolers can “ride along” with Daniel and his family as they go on grr-ific adventures all around the Neighborhood of Make-Believe – and beyond!
“BEST OF DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD: FAMILY FUN COLLECTION” ($12.99 SRP) will be available on DVD beginning September 18, 2018 and has a run time of approximately 81 minutes. Episodes of DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD are also available for digital download.
The eight episodes on this family fun-filled DVD include:
- “DANIEL IS BIG ENOUGH TO HELP DAD” Dad Tiger is building a playhouse, and Daniel wants to help out. Daniel is frustrated that he is not big enough to use the grown-up tools. Dad Tiger shows Daniel that there are things he can do to help that he’s just the right size for.
- “DANIEL IS SPECIAL” Daniel and Dad take a fall walk through the neighborhood, admiring the colors of the leaves. On their way, they meet Miss Elaina and O the Owl who each do special things that make Daniel wonder if he is as special as they are. Dad reminds Daniel of the things that make him special, like his whimsical imagination!
- “TIGER FAMILY TRIP” The Tiger Family is heading out on a road trip to Grandpere’s house! At first, Daniel doesn’t know what to expect on the ride, but when Mom Tiger gives him a helpful map, he learns that there are so many exciting things to do and see when you’re on a trip with your family.
- “MARGARET’S FIRST CHIME TIME” Today, the Tiger Family is taking Margaret to the Clock Factory for her very first “Chime Time”! As they travel to the Clock Factory, Daniel notices how other families in the Neighborhood spend time together.
- “DANIEL’S NATURE WALK” There’s so much to explore when you’re outside! Daniel is going on a nature walk in the forest with O the Owl and Uncle X. They see frogs, worms and even spot a rainbow in the sky!
- “DANIEL DOESN’T WANT TO STOP PLAYING” Daniel is playing “Trolley” with Mom and Dad in the living room. When Mom tells him that it’s time to work on his school project, Daniel doesn’t want to stop playing. Mom helps Daniel move on by allowing him to pick one more thing to do with his toy Trolley. Daniel makes one last stop and then he’s ready to work on his project.
- “DANIEL’S WINTER ADVENTURE” Daniel, Dad, Prince Wednesday and Prince Tuesday are all going sledding! But once they get to the hill and see how tall it is, Daniel and Prince Wednesday get scared. Dad assures them that if they try it a little bit at a time, they might surprise themselves and have a great time. Later, Daniel goes ice skating for the first time. When he tries it a little bit at a time, he realizes it’s not so hard.
- “A STORMY NIGHT” Daniel and O the Owl are having fun playing outside in the rain until a thunderstorm builds up and worries them. When Mom Tiger teaches them to think of something happy, O and Daniel learn that the thunderstorm is not so scary after all!
The first TV series inspired by the iconic, award-winning Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD stars 4-year-old Daniel Tiger, who invites young viewers into his world, giving them a kid’s-eye view of his life. One of the key ingredients that makes the series a standout is its groundbreaking use of catchy musical strategies, grounded in Fred Rogers’ landmark social-emotional curriculum, that reinforce each theme and that preschoolers and parents can sing – and use together – in their daily lives. DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, which debuted in September 2012, airs daily on PBS KIDS(check local listings), and is also available via the PBS KIDS 24/7 Channel and Live Stream.
[inlinkz_linkup id=798134 mode=1]