It’s time to bring home the trippiest Marvel movie yet – Doctor Strange is now available everywhere on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD. When the movie came out last fall, it gave fans of the Marvel a different look at the MCU. Doctor Strange wasn’t what fans were use to compared to the other recent releases, but were based more directly on the original comics from the 1960’s.
I’m always a fan of the lesser known comic book heroes when Marvel brings them to the screen, and Doctor Strange had me from the very beginning. It seemed liked we had to a wait a long time for Doctor Strange to come home on Blu-Ray and DVD, but we were able to watch it on Digital HD for Valentine’s Day. But now, the Blu-Ray release gives us even more special features and behind the scene moments that we didn’t see in the movie. There are deleted scenes, concept art, gag reels and more.
Doctor Strange is is a psychedelic, visually stunning and mind bending adventure, and a great back story for Stephen Strange. The movie takes you on the journey with Doctor Strange as he hits bottom and gets his powers. And it’s just the starting point for Doctor Strange, the character will be in future movies in the MCU, and now is the perfect time to get caught up to speed his back story.
You can get Doctor Strange on Blu-Ray and DVD now and check out some special bonus feature clips below!
Doctor Strange | Time In Hong Kong
Doctor Strange | Hong Kong Sets
About Doctor Strange’s at home release:
Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange,” the story of Dr. Stephen Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts, has mesmerized both audiences and critics, pulling in more than $658.3 million at the worldwide box office to date and earning a 90% critics consensus on Rotten Tomatoes. The biggest single-character introduction in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), it also carries on Marvel Studios’ winning streak as the 14th consecutive MCU film to debut at #1 at the domestic box office.
On Feb. 14, “Doctor Strange” fans can bring home the critically acclaimed blockbuster early on Digital HD/3D and Disney Movies Anywhere, or on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, Digital SD, DVD and On-Demand on Feb. 28. The Blu-ray and Digital releases come packaged with over 80 minutes of fascinating, never-before-seen bonus materials, including five behind-the-scenes featurettes, five deleted scenes, hilarious outtakes, part two of the comical mockumentary “Team Thor,” audio commentary, and an exclusive look at the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The film boasts an award-winning cast, including Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Imitation Game,” “Black Mass”) as Dr. Stephen Strange, Chiwetel Ejiofor (“12 Years a Slave,” “Triple 9”) as Mordo, Rachel McAdams (“Spotlight,” “Southpaw”) as Dr. Christine Palmer, Benedict Wong (“The Martian,” “Prometheus”) as Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg (“A Serious Man,” “Steve Jobs”) as Dr. Nicodemus West, Benjamin Bratt (“Traffic,” “Piñero”) as Jonathan Pangborn, and Scott Adkins (“El Gringo,” “The Expendables 2”) as Lucian/Strong Zealot, with Mads Mikkelsen (“The Hunt,” “Casino Royale”) as Kaecilius and Academy Award® winner Tilda Swinton (2007 Best Supporting Actress, “Michael Clayton”; “Julia”) as The Ancient One.
Bonus Features (Bonus features may vary by retailer. The DVD does not include any bonus materials.):
DIGITAL HD & BLU-RAY:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
- Through the Keyhole: The Science of the MCU – Discover how Marvel grounds all its films in real science, and explore the connection between science, magic and imagination.
View the Official Doctor Strange Trailer:
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Tourist Destinations that Challenge Your Fear of Heights - February 28, 2020
- The Way We Enjoy Sports And The Many Benefits - February 28, 2020
- Caribbean Destinations To Add to Your Bucket List - February 27, 2020