Picking up where A Dog’s Purpose left off, A Dog’s Journey, available on Digital on August 6, 2019, as well as on Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on August 20, 2019, continues the tale of lovable farm dog Bailey, as he finds a new destiny and forms an unbreakable bond, and learns that some friendships transcend lifetimes. A hit with audiences, who rated it an “A” CinemaScore, the movie is “a must-see for any dog lover” (Chuck Yarborough, The Plain Dealer) and the perfect choice for family viewing, teaching universal lessons about the values of friendship and devotion. “Pawsitively” uplifting from start to finish, A Dog’s Journey features over 30 minutes of bonus content including deleted and extended scenes, a hilarious gag reel and featurettes with the cast and a behind the scenes look at the memorable animal performances.
Bailey (voiced again by Josh Gad; Beauty and the Beast, Frozen) is living the good life on the Michigan farm of his former “boy” now grown to manhood, Ethan (Dennis Quaid; A Dog’s Purpose, I Can Only Imagine) and Ethan’s wife Hannah (Marg Helgenberger; “C.S.I.,” “Under the Dome”). He even has a new playmate: Ethan and Hannah’s baby granddaughter, CJ (Kathryn Prescott; “24: Legacy”). Everything is great on the farm until CJ’s mom, Gloria (Betty Gilpin, Isn’t It Romantic, “GLOW”), decides to take CJ away and chase her own fulfillment in the big city. Ethan asks Bailey to watch over CJ wherever she goes and thus begins Bailey’s adventure through multiple lives filled with love, friendship and devotion as he, CJ, and CJ’s best friend Trent (Henry Lau; Internationally famous pop star) experience joy and heartbreak, music and laughter, and few really good belly rubs.
Directed by Emmy winner Gail Mancuso (“Modern Family”), A Dog’s Journey is produced by Gavin Polone (A Dog’s Purpose), and written by W. Bruce Cameron & Cathryn Michon, and Maya Forbes & Wally Wolodarsky, based on the best-selling novel by Cameron.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- It’s Gonna Work
- A Song for Molly
- You Can Stay Here
- Just Do the Laundry
- Let’s Get Started
- Gloria Looks at Henry’s Things
- This Place is Huge
- It’s Really Happening
- I’ve Loved You Forever
- Gag Reel
- A DOG’S Sequel – New and returning cast members discuss their roles in A Dog’s Journeyand share their appreciation for director Gail Mancuso.
- Everyone’s Best Friend – Sit down with the cast to hear about their life-long love of man’s best friend.
- Working with Dogs – Cast and crew share the joys of working with animal-actors.
- A Healing Journey – Josh Gad, Dennis Quaid and others discuss the bond between dogs and humans.
- Scoring the JOURNEY – Director Gail Mancuso and composer Mark Isham discuss the music in the film.
- Feature Commentary with Director Gail Mancuso
A Dog’s Journey will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM delivers a pristine HD picture and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Tourist Destinations that Challenge Your Fear of Heights - February 28, 2020
- The Way We Enjoy Sports And The Many Benefits - February 28, 2020
- Caribbean Destinations To Add to Your Bucket List - February 27, 2020