As summer begins we love getting some of our favorite flavors and locally grown fruits, and nothing is better than a fresh brewed fruit tea. Mixed together with local honey, some herbs and a hint of lemon – this quick and easy tea will become one of your favorites. And the fact you can make it in your Instant Pot will make that much sweeter!
- 8 c. water
- 6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
- 1½ c. fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ c. honey, preferably local
- ½ c. water
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, and a half cup blackberries to Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 5 minutes.
- While the tea is brewing, add remaining blackberries, basil, honey, and water to saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, gently pressing on the blackberries to release their juices while continually stirring the mixture to combine, for 4-5 minutes. Once honey is completely melted and the mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and set aside.
When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer. Pour the reserved liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher and sweeten with the blackberry honey simple syrup, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
Serve immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Tips to Improve Your Internet Privacy - January 27, 2020
- What You Should Know Before Buying a Second Hand Car - January 27, 2020
- The 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan Drives Like the Dream It Is - January 26, 2020