If you love banana, you no doubt love poke cake! It’s moist, it’s delicious and full of banana flavor. It’s probably what you’ve been craving, and if it wasn’t after this picture you probably are now. But did you know it’s extremely easy to make? You can toss this together this afternoon and enjoy it after dinner tonight. Or make it for your next party or barbecue!
Start this cake by mixing all your cake ingredients together for 3-5 minutes, until they are well combined. Pour into a greased and floured 10×13 inch pan, and bake at 350 until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
Let it cool for 5-10 minutes and then poke a bunch of holes all over it.
Prepare a large box of instant banana pudding according to the regular package directions (3 cups of cold milk to one large box of pudding), but instead of mixing the entire 5 minutes until it is thickened, mix for about 2-3 minutes so its dissolved, but still very pourable. Pour it all over the cake and spread it around, making sure it gets into all those holes.
Chill the cake until it is cooled completely and the pudding is set. Next whip up your cream and spread it all over the top. Crush your cookies, and garnish with the crushed cookies and sliced banana
- 2 c gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (3 1/8 oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 lg eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large box instant banana cream pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Whipped Cream:
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- fresh sliced bananas
- gluten free cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 10×13 pan by buttering and flouring, or using baking spray.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, vanilla pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix for 3-5 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then poke holes all over the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Mix large box of instant banana cream pudding with milk with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until the pudding mix is fully dissolved, but the pudding is still very pourable. Pour all over the cake, making sure it gets into all the holes.
- Chill cake until fully cooled and pudding has set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread on the top of the cake. Garnish with crushed gluten free cookies and fresh sliced banana. Serve immediately.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Podcasts to Listen To While Working at Home - April 6, 2020
- How to Use Your Time to Get an Online Certification - April 5, 2020
- How Ladder Associates Can Help With Working Remotely - April 5, 2020