Muffins are some of the best way to start the day. They’re sweet, fill you up and even feels a bit like a treat. But there is a great recipe where you still feel like you’re cheating on a diet, but actually are pretty good for you! Enjoy these delicious banana chocolate chunk muffins, that your kids are probably going to steal before you get to them!
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ c. natural almond butter
- ¼ c. real maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. coconut flour
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 3-oz. bar unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a 12-muffin cup tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk briskly into a fairly smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 8 muffin cups and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until cooked through and puffy, approximately 18-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to serve. Enjoy!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Crispy Seasoned Kale Chips Recipe - September 14, 2019
- What to Know About Driving in Oahu - September 13, 2019
- Where to Get Into the Christmas Spirit Even Before the Holidays - September 13, 2019