Ever thought of making Christmas ornaments? Here’s how you can make Christmas ornaments from dough. Using a basic Christmas cookie recipe, Christmas cookie cutters, a straw, and some clear acrylic or varnish, you can make Christmas ornaments from Christmas cookies. This is an excellent afternoon activity for you and your child after they’ve come in from sledding or once they’re off from school for the holidays.
Holiday Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/2 cup of Apple Juice
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- a pinch of Salt
- 6 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs then milk
- Mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt then mix all of the ingredients together.
- Once your dough is formed, use cookie cutter to make the ornament shapes you want.
- Use a straw to make a hole in the top of the shape.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before icing
Christmas Cookie Icing
Icing your Christmas cookies might be the most entertaining part of the job. For this, you will want to use a number of small bowls. The Christmas cookie icing recipe is extremely simple. Use icing/confectioners sugar and add water until you achieve your desired consistency. Then you will want to break out the food coloring so you can create the colors that you want. By dividing the icing into bowls, you can have multiple colors for your many cookies. Alternatively, you can also use paint.
How to Make Christmas Ornaments
Once your dough has hardened, you will be ready to coat the dough in clear acrylic or varnish. If you’re going to paint the ornaments rather than use the icing, you will want to wait until after you’ve coated the ornaments to paint them. With each, you should give them time to dry. After, you can use ribbon or string to pass through the hole that you created with the straw. Once you’ve done that, you will have a bevy of colorful new Christmas ornaments!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Socks They Will Actually Want for Presents - December 12, 2019
- 5 Simple Entertainment Tips To Make Hosting Any Party Easier - December 11, 2019
- Stay Styled on the Go with Glister - December 10, 2019