Any pet owner knows that they have a special connection to their pet and what they add to our lives. We know they all have personalities, but what happens after we lose them? We all like to think that they live on and their souls are reborn in another dog to love and continue on. And in A Dog’s Journey, that is exactly what happens.
A beautiful tribute to a dog’s life and what one dog’s bond could be like through lifetimes and generations with the same owner. The movie talks to the soul and the connection that pet owners will recognize and will have your heart surge and you tearing up at the same time.
Filled with heart felt moments, any dog lover will fall in love with this movie and the bonus feature that focuses on not only the dogs that make the movie what it is but the reason behind the movie. Based on the book by W. Bruce Cameron, the movie will inspire you to hug your pets a little closer and one you will want to watch again and again.
About A Dog’s Journey
Picking up where A Dog’s Purpose left off, A Dog’s Journey, available on Digital on August 6, 2019, as well as on Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on August 20, 2019, continues the tale of lovable farm dog Bailey, as he finds a new destiny and forms an unbreakable bond, and learns that some friendships transcend lifetimes. A hit with audiences, who rated it an “A” CinemaScore, the movie is “a must-see for any dog lover” (Chuck Yarborough, The Plain Dealer) and the perfect choice for family viewing, teaching universal lessons about the values of friendship and devotion. “Pawsitively” uplifting from start to finish, A Dog’s Journey features over 30 minutes of bonus content including deleted and extended scenes, a hilarious gag reel and featurettes with the cast and a behind the scenes look at the memorable animal performances.
Bailey (voiced again by Josh Gad; Beauty and the Beast, Frozen) is living the good life on the Michigan farm of his former “boy” now grown to manhood, Ethan (Dennis Quaid; A Dog’s Purpose, I Can Only Imagine) and Ethan’s wife Hannah (Marg Helgenberger; “C.S.I.,” “Under the Dome”). He even has a new playmate: Ethan and Hannah’s baby granddaughter, CJ (Kathryn Prescott; “24: Legacy”). Everything is great on the farm until CJ’s mom, Gloria (Betty Gilpin, Isn’t It Romantic, “GLOW”), decides to take CJ away and chase her own fulfillment in the big city. Ethan asks Bailey to watch over CJ wherever she goes and thus begins Bailey’s adventure through multiple lives filled with love, friendship and devotion as he, CJ, and CJ’s best friend Trent (Henry Lau; Internationally famous pop star) experience joy and heartbreak, music and laughter, and few really good belly rubs.
Directed by Emmy winner Gail Mancuso (“Modern Family”), A Dog’s Journey is produced by Gavin Polone (A Dog’s Purpose), and written by W. Bruce Cameron & Cathryn Michon, and Maya Forbes & Wally Wolodarsky, based on the best-selling novel by Cameron.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- It’s Gonna Work
- A Song for Molly
- You Can Stay Here
- Just Do the Laundry
- Let’s Get Started
- Gloria Looks at Henry’s Things
- This Place is Huge
- It’s Really Happening
- I’ve Loved You Forever
- Gag Reel
- A DOG’S Sequel – New and returning cast members discuss their roles in A Dog’s Journey and share their appreciation for director Gail Mancuso.
- Everyone’s Best Friend – Sit down with the cast to hear about their life-long love of man’s best friend.
- Working with Dogs – Cast and crew share the joys of working with animal-actors.
- A Healing Journey – Josh Gad, Dennis Quaid and others discuss the bond between dogs and humans.
- Scoring the JOURNEY – Director Gail Mancuso and composer Mark Isham discuss the music in the film.
- Feature Commentary with Director Gail Mancuso
A Dog’s Journey will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM delivers a pristine HD picture and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.