20 Mule Team Borax sent me a box of their detergent booster to try out. It came just in time for me to start the week’s laundry chore. The back of the box of the BOrax has a large list of items it can be used for including: Sanitizing your kitchen, removing spots and grime from your dishes and pots and pans, multi-purpose cleaning including deodorizing mattresses and furniture, carpet cleaning, bathroom tasks like removing soap scum, dirt and hard water deposits, cleaning up pet messes, keeping your flowers and plants fresh, reducing smoking on candlewicks in homemade candles and other arts and crafts.
- 1/2 cup Elmer’s white glue or Elmer’s school glue gel
- 1 tbs Borax (find in the laundry detergent aisle of the store)
- 1 1/2 cup Water- separated
- Two bowls
- Food coloring (optional)
- In one bowl mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) glue and 1/2 cup water. Add food coloring if you want colored slime.
- In the other bowl, mix 1 teaspoon borax with 1 cup water until the borax is dissolved.
- Add the glue mixture to the borax solution, stirring slowly.
- The slime will begin to form immediately; stir as much as you can, knead with your hands until it gets less sticky.
- Pour out any remaining water
Just something fun for you to try with the kids!
I used the Borax with our laundry last week, it was really simple to do too. Just add two tablespoons to your laundry. It helps fight your stains and keep your colors bright. Our laundry came out completely fresh and clean!
Not only did I like how well the Borax worked I plan on using it to create homemade laundry detergent (look for that DIY soon!).
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me what you would use the Borax for if you won! If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form linked below!
Find 20 Mule Borax Online:
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- The Way I See It Gives an Inside Look into Life at the White House - September 19, 2020
- What Do You Need To Know About Looking After Your Car - September 18, 2020
- Hitting the road this weekend? Don’t leave these driving tips behind - September 18, 2020