For years my grilled cheese has been standard, bread, sliced American cheese and occasionally a slice of ham tossed in there. It’s been tasty – there is no real reason to change right? Then I was introduce to a fantastic cookbook 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, published by Robert Rose Inc. The book is amazing, to say the least!
When I made the sandwiches, they reminded me of something you would pay $7 or more for at a local deli. Delish! Pair them with your favorite sides and they will help make a fancy and easy lunch.
The cookbook has so many delicious recipes inside, you could easily make one or more for a meal just to try them out. You can check out one of the recipes below!
- 8 slices white or whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 4 oz Muenster cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place on a work surface, buttered side down. Top 4 bread slices equally with Muenster and Cheddar Cheeses. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press gently.
- Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook. Turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
This Recipe is reprinted here with permission from Robert Rose Inc. It is part of a product review for 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
You can purchase a copy of 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches online. You can also can enter below for a chance to win a copy!
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me what you put on your favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich! If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form linked below!
Find Robert Rose and 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Online: