When Star Wars: The Force Awakens hit the big screen everyone held their breath – after the prequil films it could be either really good or go really well. But with Disney behind the wheel this time, the seventh installment in the Star Wars saga did not disappoint. We loved seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the theater, so much we saw it more than once, so we were excited when we got a copy to review. There were so many reasons get Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Blu-Ray, but here are 5 great ones below:
1 -See How the Story Continues: Star Wars: The Force Awakens picks up 30 years after the original series. But this release brought a whole new generation of fans to the Star Wars empire. It brings back the characters we know and love and gives us a glimpse of where they are now. The movie also introduces new characters that feel like they fit easily into the Star Wars universe and you will fall in love with them.
2 – Digital Copy: The Blu-Ray combo pack comes with a Digital HD version so you can watch the movie anywhere. Use the code inside the packaging to get your copy on Disney Movies Anywhere and add it to your collection (plus use your points to get great Disney goodies). You can also stream the movie instantly and download the Digital HD on iTunes.
3 – Bonus Features: We love bonus features and the Blu-Ray combo pack doesn’t disappoint with never before seen scenes and featurettes:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read
- Building BB-8
- Crafting Creatures
- Blueprint of A Battle: The Snow Fight
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony
- ILM: The Visual Magic of the Force
- Deleted Scenes
4 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a major Award winner and Record Breaker: It’s going to take years for another movie to break all of these records and awards:
- Kids Choice Award for Favorite Movie
- BAFTA Award for Best Special Visual Effects
- Empire Award for Best Director
- Empire Award for Best Male Newcomer: John Boyega
- Empire Award for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy
- Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer: Daisy Ridley
- Empire Award for Best Visual Effects
- Fastest Film to gross $1 Billion at the box office
- Biggest International December Opening Weekend
- Biggest Disney International Opening
- Highest Grossing 2015 Disney Film and Most Weekends at number 1 at the International box office in 2015
5 – Limited CGI: This was probably one of my favorite parts about the newest movie in the series. Unlike the prequel releases, the new movie relies on acting and the feeling of the original releases. With the exception of one character the creatures throws back to the original movies and back to the Henson Creature lab. The movie doesn’t suffer from annoying characters that don’t add to the story.
Let’s face it, we’re all dorks and were going to run out and pick up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but at least there’s a few more reasons to pick it up on Blu-Ray next week! Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available everywhere on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD on April 5th.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Change the Way They Shave with an Evolution Brush - December 17, 2017
- Holiday Activities from Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You + Clips - December 17, 2017
- Let them Build and Learn with the Castle Gears - December 16, 2017