Ask any kid what they want to be when they grow up, and they may or may not have an answer. When I was little I wanted to be everything from a Ballerina to an Astronaut. But with some of the right tools, your kids can learn what it’s like to be an entrepreneur and spark the interest in having their own business.
We were sent a Venture Kit, an activity kit to help your child start their own baking business. Venture Kits has just launched their first kit “Treats to Go” and sent us one to check out. Inside you find a step by step guide for starting a business, stickers, treat bags, stickers, recipes cards and even order sheets and a marker to create your own signs. The kit is simple, but is a great jumping off point to start a business.
Most kids don’t know what an entrepreneur is, but once you explain it’s a person who starts their own business and give them the tools, it’s easy for them to see that anyone can start their own business.
What are our favorite parts about the Venture Kit? The kit has everything inside to start a business, but it gets kids away from the screen and out interacting with other people. Like I said before, the tools inside are simple, but they are just what kids need as a jumping off point. The recipes are clear and easy to follow. When your kids start selling their own creations, not only does it teach them how transactions work, but also how money and math work in real life. From start to end, kids get to go from the process of creating, packaging, selling and balancing their books. It’s a real life business all from a kit!
Some interesting facts about Venture Kits:
- Venture Kits are designed by real entrepreneurs and Harvard MBAs, reviewed by real grade and high school teachers, and tested by real kids.
- Venture Kits arm kids with tomorrow’s must-have skills: initiative, grit, creativity, and problem solving.
- The Venture Plan is a totally unique approach to learning entrepreneurship. Its combination of “steps” and “tips” strikes the perfect balance between strict instructions and total freedom, and provides a manageable guide that kids can follow through to the end.
- Treats To-Go is the first kit available to the public, and it is out in limited release! Only 500 prototype kits will be released at this time (400 for sale), and we will use the feedback from our customers to work on the next version. Kits cost $25 and can only be purchased via www.venturekits.com
- Many more kits are on the way: look out for VK Art Auction and VK Talent Show coming soon! They will be announced on our newsletter first, which readers can sign up via our website.
Check out the Venture Kit video:
How Can You Win?
Enter to win with the form below. Which of the Venture Kits would you like to have? or What does your child want to be when they grow up? If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form below!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- See the Magic Through Their Eyes with a Disney Kids Preschool Party! #Disneykids - April 30, 2017
- Tangled Before Ever After Spring Creativity Kit Printables - April 30, 2017
- Five Reasons to Consider the Genesis G90 as Your Next Car #GenesisG90 - April 29, 2017