Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we could live on another planet? The reality is, in a not so distant future it may be a reality and option for people to live on Mars. The new series on National Geographic explores what it could be like as the first explorers and settlers find head to the red planet in the year 2033. We were sent the first season of the series of Mars from National Geographic including the companion book and some check lists to help us prepare for our trip!
The series first season is a mix between scientific facts and great story telling brought to you from Executive Producers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard comes Mars, which follows a crew of courageous international astronauts on an exhilarating maiden voyage to colonize the red planet. “This is not sci-fi, this is actual reality.” The series presents what the greatest minds in space exploration are doing to make traveling to Mars a reality!
I’ve only just started the series myself, but can only imagine what is going to happen! Millions of miles away from the families, homes and even the landscape you’re use to. The distance alone could be a problem for any one, but could you imagine trying to find a place to call home and grow food to stay alive? With stunning graphics and filmography, the series brings you to the edge of human society (as we know it) and the struggles we may have to find in the future. We’re off to the red planet, and we’re making our list of items to take with us.
Are you ready to head to Mars? Print out these great activity sheets to help you plan your trip to Mars!
Home Schooling and want to teach your kids more about Mars? Check out this Mars Curriculum Guide!
Fun Facts about Mars:
- Did you know? Because of its orbital speed, one year on #Mars is equal to nearly two years on Earth:http://bitly.com/22pKqK8T
- How high could you jump on #Mars? See more facts about the red planet: http://bitly.com/
- See how we got to #Mars. The incredible journey is available now on Blu-Ray
MARS follows a crew of courageous international astronauts on its exhilarating maiden voyage to Mars and quest to colonize the fourth planet from the sun. In a unique blend of scripted drama intermixed with documentary sequences and feature-film-caliber visual effects, the series presents what the greatest minds in space exploration are doing to make traveling to Mars a reality, featuring Big Thinkers like Elon Musk, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Petranek. Experience MARS in breathtaking high-definition. The must-own National Geographic sci-fi docudrama is jam packed with two hours of extras, including prequel BEFORE MARS, Living on Mars, Cast & Crew Interviews and more.
Special Features Include:
- Making MARS
- BEFORE MARS – A Prequel
- BEFORE MARS Behind the Scenes
- Getting to MARS Featurettes
- Living on MARS Featurettes
- More MARS Featurettes
- Behind-the-scenes Featurettes
- Cast & Crew Interviews
Bonus Clip: Behind the Scenes – Great Adventure
Bonus Clip: Behind the Scenes – The Next Step
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Get a First Look at Mary, Queen of Scots - August 17, 2017
- Sitting Down with Robert Vince – Executive Producer of Pup Star: Better 2Gether #Pupstarmovie @airbud - August 17, 2017
- Secrets from the Disney Descendants 2 Set + Bloopers Reel - August 16, 2017